On 21st October 2002, construction work began on the ALLIANZ ARENA in Munich, the most modern football stadium in Europe. With a capacity of 75,000, numerous boxes, offices, business premises, conference rooms, spacious media areas and a diverse range of catering outlets, MÜNCHNER STADION GMBH (FC Bayern München AG and TSV München 1860), ALPINE BAU DEUTSCHLAND GMBH and the Swiss architects HERZOG & DE MEURON created a stadium of superlatives.
BG-Betonwaren was involved in the construction work with the following products:
- Drainage channels around the stadium
- Manhole covers – e.g. at each corner flag of the pitch
- Trough channels around the entire pitch
- Inlet points around the arena
- 4000 running metres of underground channels